Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Through the lens...

There are so many things in life that I never would have had the chance to experience, if I didn't come with a camera dangled at my hip. There are people who I never would have met and places that I never would have been.

Sometimes I think about why I am a photojournalist. The term doesn't define me as a person - but is listed as a quality under my personality.

With each click of the shutter, I capture a moment and place in time. What time takes a way, a photograph will preserve forever. It provides evidence for the future of the past in which we lived. And tells the truth because it cannot lie.

But beyond keeping the past documented, it's the people I meet along the way. Informing them of the truth about what's going on and taking their direction as they lead me from one place to the next. And in any direction I turn, I see life through a lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment