Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lots going on...

There are times as a photographer when you get sent to cover an event and there is so much going on that you aren't sure where to start.  While I was down in Houston, several of the photographers told me that when you are put in those situations - it's important to stop, take a deep breath, look around and then focus.  Once you've got the shot for whatever you've settled on - then find the next picture.  

When I walked into Cultural Diversity Day at the University of Iowa, I was surrounded by activities, performances, and a whole lot of people.  I worked my way from one side of the room to the next and then went upstairs and did the same.

As I was moving around I had to remind myself to get wide, medium and tight shots.  There's no point in shooting from the same distance all the time...get up close to the subjects and capture those moments.  

Here's what I turned in and more: 



















No comments:

Post a Comment