Monday, May 10, 2010

Updated Portfolio Needed

I'm in the process of editing down/selecting new photos for my portfolio.  I have included several in this blog post.  Any feedback/suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.  My current portfolio can be found at http://juliekkoehn.wordpress.com.  If there are any that should be pulled, I would like to know that as well.  Also, if you'd like to know more about the photos or the story that goes with them, just let me know - I put a brief description by a few of them for the sake of context, but full captions go with all of them. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

National Day of Prayer - in attendance were also athiest protesters.
Portrait of a Photographer 
Long Jumper






Vigil for a man who was run over by a car in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  
He passed away a few days later. 


Woman walks away from her flood-damaged home as it's being demolished.

Woman watches as the home she grew up in is demolished.

Woman who was on the verge of being homeless shows her uncertainty of the stability in the life she leads after having to move several times in the matter of months
 in the aftermath of the flood.


Man is the last person on his block after the flood of 2008.










Haiti victims receive goods from the Salvation Army.


3 comments:

  1. This is a very strong collection of work. I love the variety - sports action and reaction, environmental portrait, news, feature. Very strong. For what it's worth, I'd suggest reducing the number of the flood reaction photos and add some more of the strong sports photos I know you have. Specifically, the woman in the red scarf with the backhoe in the background isn't as strong as the others; that leading line created by the backhoe moves right to the woman's head making a connection you don't really want. I love the lighting on the woman waking away from her home, and placing her in the middle of the composition adds a static quality that really works. It anchors her in the composition implying that she has nowhere to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback...greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juli,
    National Day of Prayer, Long jumper,The couple in Vigil at Walmart pic, moved me the most, Leave those in for sure.
    Great job, I have no doubt that you'd be an excellent candidate for anyone looking for a spunky, intelligent photojournalist. I really admire what you've achieved.
    -Cousin Terry

    ReplyDelete